What is Potato and Spinach Stir Fry:
Spinach is a green leafy vegetable loaded with vitamins and nutrients. Spinach is a superfood. Spinach is good for hair, skin, and bone health. Potato is a root vegetable that contains lot of starch and carbohydrates. Aloo palak stir fry is an easy to prepare delicious Indian side dish made with very minimal use of spices. This is very healthy and can be served with roti, paratha, or with steamed rice as a side dish.
Watch Video Tutorial In Hindi:
- 1-2 tablespoons of mustard oil or any kind of cooking oil of your choice.
- 2 whole dried red chillies.
- 1/2 teaspoon mustard seeds.
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin seeds.
- 5-6 cloves of garlic finely chopped.
- 1 medium sized onion finely chopped.
- Finely chopped green chillies to taste.
- Salt to taste.
- 1 potato cut into cubes.
- 1/2 teaspoon turmeric powder.
- 300 grams of palak cleaned, washed, and finely chopped.
Preparation of Aloo Palak Stir Fry:
- Take a kadai and switch on the flame.
- When kadai is hot, add 1-2 tablespoons of mustard oil or any kind of cooking oil of your choice.
- When oil is hot, add 2 whole dry red chillies brake into halves.
- Then, add on 1/2 teaspoon mustard seeds and 1/2 teaspoon cumin seeds and let them splutter.
- Then, add finely chopped garlic and cook it on a low to medium flame until it turns light golden brown in color.
- Then, add finely chopped onions and cook it until it turns translucent.
- When onion turns translucent, then add on finely chopped green chillies to taste and mix it well.
- Now, add on potatoes cut into small cubes and 1/2 teaspoon turmeric powder and mix them well.
- Cover the lid and cook the potatoes in low to medium flame until its well-cooked. Stir occasionally.
- When potatoes are well-cooked, add on finely chopped palak and mix them well.
- Now cover the lid and cook it for 3-4 minutes on a low to medium flame. Stir occasionally.
- Now add on salt to taste and mix well and cook it for 3-4 minutes more without covering the lid on a medium flame. Stir occasionally.
- Now your healthy and delicious aloo palak stir fry is ready to serve. Switch of the flame and remove the aloo palak stir fry into a serving bowl.
- Serve this hot with roti, paratha or with rice as a side dish.
Aloo Palak Fry
Based on 1 Review(s)