Baingan pakora is an easy and tasty deep fried snack recipe made with gram flour (besan), brinjals (eggplants), herbs, and spices. Baingan pakora is a yummy Bengali snack recipe, which is best to enjoy with tea or as it is.
- 2 medium-sized brinjals.
- ½ cup cup gram flour (besan) or as required.
- 2 tbsp of rice flour.
- Water as required.
- Salt to taste.
- Oil for deep frying of pakoras.
- 1 tsp garlic-ginger paste.
- 1/4th tsp hing (asafoetida).
- 1/4th tsp turmeric powder.
- ½ tsp red chili powder or to taste.
- ½ tsp coriander powder.
- ½ tsp cumin powder.
- 1 pinch cooking soda
- 1/4th tsp ajwain (carom seeds).
- Black salt and chaat masala for sprinkling.
- Take a mixing bowl and add in the gram flour (besan), rice flour, turmeric powder, red chili powder, coriander powder, cumin powder, garlic-ginger paste, hing, ajwain, cooking soda, and salt to taste and mix all these ingredients well.
- Add water as required and make a medium-thick batter making sure there are no lumps and the batter is smooth and keep it aside.
- Wash and pat dry the brinjals and thinly slice them.
- Add these sliced brinjals into the batter and coat them with batter evenly.
- Take a kadai and add oil for deep frying of pakoras.
- Turn on the flame and heat the oil on medium to high heat.
- Once the oil is medium hot, drop the brinjal slices coated with batter very carefully into the hot oil and fry them on medium flame turning often until brinjal pieces are well cooked, crisp, and golden in colour. Add less or more brinjal pieces depending on the size of the kadai. Do not overcrowd the kadai.
- When baingan pakoras are done, remove them from the hot oil with help of a slotted spoon and place them in tissue papers to remove excess oil.
- Repeat the same with the remaining brinjal.
- Serve this baingan pakora hot with masala tea, tomato ketchup, or as it is.
- Sprinkle some black salt and chaat masala before serving.
You may increase or decrease the quantity of ingredients depending on your taste and for how many people you are making for.
Amazing Recipe… just cooked