About Beans Aloo Curry:
Beans Aloo Curry is an Indian curry recipe made with French beans, potatoes, onions, tomatoes, garlic ginger paste, whole and powdered spices, and herbs. This is a very easy and quick recipe, which goes well with roti, paratha, or with steamed rice.
- 250 grams of French beans roughly chopped.
- 2 medium sized potatoes washed, peeled, and cut into medium sized cubes.
- 1 medium sized onion finely chopped or paste.
- 2 medium sized tomatoes finely chopped or pureed.
- 1 tablespoon garlic ginger paste.
- 3-4 tablespoons of cooking oil.
- 1 bay leaf.
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin seeds.
- 1/2 teaspoon turmeric powder.
- 1/2 teaspoon red chilli powder or to taste.
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin powder.
- 1/2 teaspoon garam masala.
- 1 teaspoon coriander powder.
- Some finely chopped coriander leaves.
- Water as required.
- Salt to taste.
Note: You may increase or decrease the quantity of ingredients depending on your taste and for how many people you are making for.
Method of Making Beans Aloo Curry:
- Take a kadai and turn on the flame.
- When kadai is hot, add 1 tablespoon of cooking oil.
- When oil is hot, add chopped beans and potatoes and saute them on a medium to high flame for 3-4 minutes.
- Transfer the sauteed vegetables into a plate and keep aside.
- In the same kadai, add 2-3 tablespoons of cooking oil.
- When oil is hot, add bay leaf and cumin seeds and let the cumin seeds to splutter.
- Add finely chopped onions or paste and saute on a medium to high flame until onion turns golden brown in colour.
- Add garlic ginger paste and cook on a low to medium flame for 1-2 minutes or until raw flavour of the garlic ginger is gone.
- Add finely chopped tomatoes or pureed tomatoes, salt to taste, and turmeric powder mix well.
- Cover the lid and cook the tomatoes on a low to medium flame for 4-5 minutes or until tomatoes are well cooked by stirring occasionally.
- Add red chilli powder to taste, cumin powder, and coriander powder.
- Mix all the ingredients well and cook the masala on a low to medium flame for 7-8 minutes or until oil gets separated from the masala.
- Add sauteed vegetables and mix well.
- Cover the lid and cook the vegetables with the masala for 4-5 minutes on a low to medium flame by stirring occasionally.
- Add water as required to make gravy and mix well, check for the seasoning and adjust accordingly.
- Increase the flame and let the water come to a boil.
- When water comes to a boil, cover the lid simmer the curry for 10-15 minutes or until vegetables are well cooked. Stir occasionally.
- Add 1/2 teaspoon garam masala and some finely chopped coriander leaves and mix well.
- Cover the lid and simmer the curry for another 2-3 minutes.
- Turn off the flame and transfer the curry into a serving bowl and serve hot with roti, paratha, or with steamed rice.
Beans Aloo Curry
Based on 1 Review(s)