Beans Ki Sabzi
Beans ki sabzi is a very easy and quick to go recipe made with French beans, spices, herbs, garlic and tomatoes. This beans ki sabzi goes well with roti, paratha, or with rice as a side dish. This is a vegetarian recipe. This is a beginner recipe.
- 500 grams of French beans finely chopped.
- 1 medium-sized onion finely chopped.
- 2 medium-sized tomatoes finely chopped.
- 5-6 garlic cloves finely chopped.
- 1 dry red chilli.
- ½ tsp mustard seeds.
- ½ tsp cumin seeds.
- ½ tsp turmeric powder.
- Finely chopped green chillies to taste.
- Some curry leaves.
- Salt to taste.
- 2-3 tbsp of cooking oil.
- 1 tsp coriander powder.
- ½ tsp red chilli powder or to taste.
- ½ tsp cumin powder.
- ½ tsp garam masala.
- Some finely chopped coriander leaves.
- Take a kadai and turn on the flame.
- When kadai is hot, add 2-3 tablespoons of cooking oil.
- When oil is hot, add 1 dry red chilli, mustard seeds and cumin seeds, and let the mustard seeds and cumin seeds to crackle.
- Add finely chopped garlic and saute on a low to medium flame until garlic turns light golden brown in colour.
- Add finely chopped onions, curry leaves, and finely chopped green chillies to taste.
- Mix all these ingredients well and saute the onions on a medium to high flame until onion turns translucent.
- Add finely chopped French beans and turmeric powder, and mix them well.
- Cover the lid and cook the beans on a low flame for 5-7 minutes by stirring often.
- Add finely chopped tomatoes, red chilli powder to taste, coriander powder, cumin powder, and salt to taste, and mix all these ingredients well.
- Cover the lid and cook on a low flame for 10 minutes or until beans are well cooked by stirring often.
- Add garam masala and mix well.
- Add finely chopped coriander leaves and mix well.
- Turn off the flame and transfer the beans ki sabzi to a serving bowl and serve with roti, paratha, or with rice.
You may increase or decrease the quantity of ingredients depending on your taste and for how many people you are making for.