Beer Cheese Soup
Beer cheese soup is a very delicious and tasty beer soup made with beer, cheddar cheese, vegetables, milk, all-purpose flour, vegetable/chicken broth, spices, and herbs. This is a very tasty soup recipe, which can be enjoyed in a cold winter day or at night for dinner.
- 2 medium-sized carrot swashed, peeled, and diced.
- 2-3 stalks of celery diced.
- 1 large onion finely chopped.
- 4-5 cloves of garlic minced.
- Smoked paprika powder to taste.
- Freshly grounded black pepper powder to taste.
- Salt to taste.
- 3-4 cups of chicken/vegetable broth.
- 1-2 cups of room temperature beer.
- 4-5 tbsp of butter.
- 1-2 tbsp of all-purpose flour.
- 2-3 cups of milk.
- 2 cups of shredded sharp cheddar cheese.
- Popped popcorn for garnish.
- Take a large saucepan and heat on a medium to high heat.
- When pan is hot, add 1 tablespoon of butter.
- When butter starts to melt, add carrots, onion, celery, and garlic and saute them on a medium flame for 4-5 minutes.
- Pour in the chicken broth/vegetable broth and beer, and mix well.
- Add salt to taste, smoked paprika powder to taste, and black pepper powder to taste and mix well.
- Increase the flame and let the soup come to a boil.
- When soup comes to a boil, lower the flame and simmer the soup until vegetables are soft and tender.
- Meanwhile, take a deep, heavy-bottom pan and heat on a medium heat.
- When pan is hot, add 3-4 tablespoons of butter.
- When butter starts to melt, add in the all-purpose flour and cook on a low flame until the raw flavour of the all-purpose flour is gone and the flour is light brown in colour by stirring continuously.
- When all-purpose flour is well cooked, add the milk gradually and whisk continuously making sure there are no lumps and cook until it’s thickened by whisking continuously.
- Turn off the flame and add this milk mixture into the simmering beer soup and mix well.
- Add cheddar cheese and mix well.
- Check for the seasoning and adjust accordingly.
- Simmer the soup for another 5 minutes.
- Turn off the flame and ladle out the hot beer cheese soup to the serving bowls and top with some popped popcorn and serve hot.
You may increase or decrease the quantity of ingredients depending on your taste and for how many people you are making for.