About Boiled Chicken Salad:
This is a very simple chicken salad recipe, which is made with boiled chicken, various fresh vegetables, and seasoned with salt, black peeper, olive oil, lemon juice and herb. This is a very healthy salad recipe, which you can have at lunch or at dinner time.
Benefits of Chicken:
- Helps to build muscles.
- Good for bone health.
- Relieves stress.
- Boosts immunity.
- High in protein.
- 250 grams of chicken breast or boneless chicken.
- 2 tablespoons of lemon juice.
- 1 medium sized tomato finely chopped.
- 1 medium sized carrot finely chopped.
- 1 medium sized cucumber finely chopped.
- 1 medium sized onion finely chopped.
- Salt to taste.
- Black pepper powder to taste.
- 1/2 cup shredded cabbage.
- 1 green capsicum finely chopped.
- Chopped lettuce leaves as needed.
- 1/2 tablespoon of garlic ginger paste.
- Finely chopped green chilies to taste (optional).
- Finely chopped coriander leaves.
- Water as required to boil the chicken.
- 1 tablespoons of olive oil.
Note: You may increase or decrease the quantity of ingredients depending on for how many people you are making for.
Marination of Chicken:
- Take bowl and add on the chicken pieces.
- Then, add salt to taste, black pepper powder to taste and 1 tablespoon lemon juice.
- Then, mix all the ingredients nicely.
- Then, add 1/2 tablespoon garlic ginger paste and mix them well.
- Then, cover the bowl and keep the chicken marination in the fridge for 30 minutes or if you have time you can keep overnight in the fridge.
Boiling the Chicken:
- Take a pan and add the marinated chicken along with water as required to boil the chicken.
- Then, cover the lid and cook the chicken pieces on a low to medium flame for 10-15 minutes or until its well-cooked and tender.
- Then, turn of the flame and transfer them into a plate and keep the boiled chicken aside until it cools down.
- Then, cut the chicken pieces into a small bite size and keep aside for later use.
Making Salad Dressing:
- Take a small bowl and add 1 tablespoon of olive oil, 1 tablespoon of lemon juice, black pepper powder to taste, and salt to taste.
- Then, mix them well and keep aside for later use.
Preparation of Salad:
- Take a mixing bowl and add all chopped vegetables, chopped green chilies, coriander leaves, and boiled chicken pieces.
- Then, pour the salad dressing over it.
- Then, combine them all together until all vegetables and chickens well coated with salad dressing.
- Serve this healthy chicken salad immediately or cover and keep in the fridge for 1 hour and serve chilled.