About Cheesy Potato Soup:
Cheesy potato soup is a type of soup prepared using potatoes as a primary ingredient, cheese, milk, broth and/or stock, and seasoned with spices. This is a very easy soup recipe, which can be made within 40-45 minutes if you have all the ingredients ready.
- 3-4 medium sized potatoes washed, peeled, and cut into small pieces.
- 1 stalk celery finely chopped (optional).
- 1 medium sized onion finely chopped.
- 7-8 garlic cloves minced.
- 2 cups of vegetable broth/stocks.
- Water as required to boil the vegetables.
- Salt to taste.
- 2 cups of milk or as required.
- 4-5 cubes of butter.
- 1 tablespoon mixed Italian herbs.
- Black pepper powder to taste.
- 1 teaspoon chilli flakes or to taste.
- 1 cup shredded Cheddar cheese.
Note: You may increase or decrease the quantity of ingredients depending on for how many people you are making for.
Method of Making Cheesy Potato Soup:
- Take a large deep pan and heat the pan on a medium heat.
- When pan is hot, add 2 cubes of butter.
- When butter starts to melt, add chopped onions, celery, and potatoes and saute on a medium flame for 3-4 minutes.
- Then, add enough water to boil the vegetables and salt to taste and mix well.
- Then, keep the flame high and let the water come to a boil.
- Then, cover the lid and cook on a low flame until potatoes and vegetables are well cooked and tender.
- Then, turn off the flame and let the vegetables to cool down.
- Then, take a blending jar and add all the boiled vegetables and make a smooth puree/paste.
- Then, take a saucepan and heat the pan on a medium heat.
- Then, add 2 cubes of butter and when butter starts to melt, add minced garlic and saute on a medium flame until garlic turns light golden in colour.
- Then, add the vegetable puree/paste, which we made out of boiled potatoes, celery, and onions and mix well.
- Then, add vegetable broth/stocks and mix well.
- Then, keep the flame high and let it come to a boil.
- Then keep the flame low and add milk and mix well.
- Then, add mixed Italian herbs, chilli flakes, and black pepper powder to taste, and mix well.
- Then, boil the soup on a low to medium flame until soup thickened and bubbly.
- Then. turn off the flame and add shredded cheese and stir continuously until cheese melted and well combined with the soup.
- Then, give the soup at least 3-4 minutes of standing time and then serve.