Chicken and rice soup
Chicken and rice soup is a very healthy chicken soup made with boiled and shredded chicken, boiled rice, vegetables, chicken broth, spices, and herbs. This is a very easy and quick soup, which can be made within 15 minutes if you have the boiled rice and boiled chicken ready. This soup can be served at lunch or at dinner. This soup is very good for weigh loss.
- 1 cup of boiled and shredded chicken without bone.
- 1 cup of boiled brown rice or any rice of your choice.
- 1-2 tsp of olive oil or any cooking oil of your choice.
- 3-4 cups of chicken broth or as required. Instead of chicken broth, you can use plain water as needed.
- Salt to taste.
- 1 bay leaf.
- Freshly grounded black pepper to taste.
- Chilli flakes to taste.
- 1 medium sized carrot diced.
- 1 medium sized onion finely chopped.
- 1-2 stalks of celery diced.
- 4-5 cloves of garlic minced.
- ½ cup of fresh green peas.
- ½ inch ginger finely chopped.
- Some fresh thymes finely chopped.
- Take a deep, heavy-bottom saucepan and heat on a medium to high heat.
- When pan is hot, add 1-2 teaspoons of olive oil.
- When oil is hot, add minced garlic and chopped ginger and saute on a low to medium flame for 30 seconds.
- Add chopped onions and bay leaf and saute the onion on a high flame until onion turns translucent.
- Add chopped carrots, celery, and green peas and mix well.
- Saute the vegetables on a medium to high flame for 4-5 minutes by stirring often.
- Add chicken broth and mix well.
- Increase the flame and let the soup come to a boil.
- When soup comes to a boil, cover the lid and simmer the soup for 8-10 minutes or until vegetables are 80-90% cooked.
- Add shredded chicken, boiled brown rice, salt to taste, black pepper powder to taste, and red chilli flakes to taste.
- Mix all these ingredients well and cover the lid and simmer the soup for another 5 minutes or until vegetables are well cooked.
- Check for the seasoning and adjust accordingly.
- Add finely chopped fresh thyme and mix well.
- Turn off the flame and ladle out the soup to the serving bowls and serve hot.
You may increase or decrease the quantity of ingredients depending on your taste and for how many people you are making for.