About Cucumber Raita:
Cucumber raita is a yogurt based Indian dip, which is made with grated cucumber or finely chopped cucumber, finely chopped green chillies, salt, spices, and herbs. This delicious and easy cucumber raita is an ultimate accompaniment to hot biryani or stuffed paratha. Raita is a cooling Indian side dish with countless variations.
- 1-1/2 cups of curd (yogurt).
- 1 medium sized cucumber washed, peeled, and grated or finely chopped.
- 1/2 teaspoon roasted cumin seed powder.
- Salt to taste.
- Finely chopped green chillies to taste.
- Some finely chopped mint leaves.
- Some finely chopped coriander leaves.
- Black pepper powder to taste (optional).
Note: You may increase or decrease the quantity of ingredients depending on for how many people you are making for.
Method of Making Cucumber Raita:
- Take a mixing bowl and add curd (yogurt).
- Then, whisk the curd until its smooth and creamy in texture.
- Then, add grated or finely chopped cucumber, salt to taste, finely chopped mint leaves and coriander leaves, black pepper powder to taste, and finely chopped green chillies to taste and mix them well.
- Then, add some roasted cumin seed powder and mix well.
- Serve this raita with biryani, pulao, or with paratha.