About French Toast:
French toast is a dish made with sliced bread soaked in beaten eggs and milk and then pan fried. French toast is a classic breakfast made with sliced breads, milk, eggs, sugar, cinnamon powder, and vanilla essence. This is a very simple, easy, and quick to make breakfast recipe, even you can serve this at snacks time.
- 6-7 pieces of normal sandwich white breads/brown breads or as required.
- 2 eggs.
- 1/2 cup of milk.
- Salt to taste.
- 1 teaspoon of sugar or to taste.
- 1/4th teaspoon cinnamon powder.
- 1/4th teaspoon of vanilla essence.
- Cooking oil and butter as required to toast the bread.
- Maple syrup as required.
Note: You may increase or decrease the quantity of ingredients depending on your taste and for how many people you are making for.
Making Batter for French Toast:
- Take a large mix bowl and break in 2 eggs and beat the eggs a little bit.
- Then, add 1/2 cup of milk, 1 teaspoon of sugar or to taste, 1/4th teaspoon cinnamon powder, salt to taste, and 1/4th teaspoon of vanilla essence.
- Then, whisk all the ingredients until you get a smooth batter and there are no lumps and then keep the batter aside for later use.
Method of Making French Toast:
- Take a heavy bottom pan and heat on a medium to high heat.
- When pan is hot, add 1/2 teaspoon of cooking oil and a 1/2 cub of butter.
- When butter is hot, deep a bread piece on batter and then place it on the hot pan.
- Then, toast the bread on a low to medium heat until the bottom side is nice golden in colour.
- Then, flip it over and cook from the other side until its nice golden in colour.
- Then, remove the French toast from the pan and place it on a plate.
- Repeat the same process with the remaining bread pieces.
- Then, place the French toast pieces into a serving plate and pour some maple syrup over it and serve.