About Mango Pudding:
Mango pudding is a very popular dessert recipe, which is made with mango puree, sugar, lemon juice, milk, and agar-agar. Mango pudding is also found in Singapore, Malaysia, Thailand, and Macau. Mango pudding is a rich and creamy dessert.
- 2 cups of freshly chopped ripped mango pulp.
- 1/2 cup sugar or to taste.
- 2 cups of milk.
- 1/4th cup of custard powder.
- 1 tablespoon of lemon juice.
- A pinch of salt.
Note: You may increase or decrease the quantity of ingredients depending on your taste and for how many people you are making for.
Method of Making Mango Pudding:
- Take a blending jar and add in the mango pulp, sugar, a pinch of salt, and 1-1/2 cups of milk.
- Bland all these ingredients into a smooth puree.
- Pour this mango puree into a pan and cook on a medium flame until it comes to a boil.
- Meanwhile, take a mixing bowl and add on the custard powder and 1/2 cup of milk and mix well, make sure there are no lumps.
- When mango mixture comes to a boil, turn off the flame and add on the custard slurry slowly and mix vigorously, so there are lumps in the mixture.
- Turn on the flame and cook the mixture on a low flame for 7-8 minutes or until mixture thickens.
- Turn off the flame and add on the lemon juice and mix well.
- Allow the mango mixture to come to room temperature.
- When mixture comes to room temperature, take a mould and grease with some oil.
- Pour the mixture into the mould and tap a little bit so that the mixture is evenly spread in the mould.
- Keep this mould in the fridge for 3-4 hours to set.
- After 3-4 hours, un-mould the mango pudding and serve chilled.
Based on 1 Review(s)