About Minestrone Soup:
Minestrone soup is an Italian soup made with vegetables, pasta/rice, vegetable stocks, beans, onions, tomatoes, carrots, and spices. This is a one pot wholesome vegetarian soup.
- 1 medium sized onion finely chopped.
- 4-5 minced garlic cloves.
- 3 medium sized tomatoes pureed.
- 4-5 cups of vegetable stocks or as needed.
- Sea salt to taste.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil or any kind of cooking oil of your choice.
- 2 stalks of celery finely chopped.
- 2 medium sized carrot diced.
- 1 cup of diced Zucchini.
- Some finely chopped fresh basil leaves (if you do not have fresh basil leaves, you can use dried basil leaves).
- 1 teaspoon of finely chopped fresh thyme.
- 1 tablespoon of tomato ketchup.
- 1/2 cup of pasta of your choice.
- Freshly grounded black pepper to taste.
- 1 bay leaf.
- 1/2 cup of boiled white beans or any beans of your choice.
- 1 teaspoon of Oregano.
- Some grated parmesan cheese for garnishing.
Note: You may increase or decrease the quantity of ingredients depending on your taste and for how many people you are making for.
Method of Making Minestrone Soup:
- Take a large, deep, heavy bottom saucepan and heat on a medium to high heat.
- When pan is hot, add 1 tablespoon of olive oil.
- When oil is hot, add chopped onions, minced garlic, chopped thymes, and bay leaf and saute on a medium to high flame until onion turns translucent, do not brown them.
- Add chopped carrot, celery, and zucchini and mix well.
- Saute the vegetables on a low to medium flame for 4-5 minutes by stirring occasionally.
- Add tomato puree and mix well.
- Cook the tomatoes on a medium flame for 3-4 minutes by stirring occasionally.
- Add 1 tablespoon of tomato ketchup and mix well.
- Add vegetable stocks, salt to taste, freshly grounded black pepper powder to taste, chopped basil leaves, and oregano and mix all the ingredients well.
- Increase the flame and let the stock come to a boil.
- When stock comes to a boil, lower the flame and simmer the soup for 15-20 minutes by stirring occasionally.
- Add pasta and boiled white beans and mix well.
- Cover and cook for another 10-12 minutes on a low flame or until pasta is well cooked by stirring occasionally, taste for the seasoning and adjust accordingly.
- Turn off the flame and transfer the soup into serving soup bowls, garnish with some grated parmesan cheese and serve hot.
Based on 1 Review(s)