About Plum Fruit Jam:
Plum jam is a summer treat to make and enjoy throughout the year. This plum jam tastes as good as other fruit jams. Plum jam is a very easy and quick jam recipe, which needs only few ingredients like plums, sugar, lemon juice, and cinnamon sticks. This plum jam is delicious and can be enjoyed with toast, cakes, muffins, pancakes, or with ice creams.
- 1 kg of plums.
- 2 cups of sugar (approximately 300-400 grams) or to taste.
- 2 cinnamon sticks.
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice.
Note: You may increase or decrease the quantity of ingredients depending on your taste and for how many people you are making for.
Method of Making Plum Fruit Jam:
- Wash and pat dry the plums in a kitchen towel or tissue.
- Cut the plums into bite size pieces removing the pits.
- Take a kadai or a saucepan and add on the chopped plums, sugar, cinnamon sticks, and lemon juice and mix well.
- Turn on the flame and cook the plums on a medium flame until sugar dissolves completely by stirring continuously.
- Increase the flame and let the mixture comes to a boil.
- When the mixture comes to a boil, lower the flamer and simmer the mixture until the plumps are well cooked, mushy, and it reached to a thick flowing consistency by stirring occasionally. It may take around 25-30 minutes.
- If you like you can use a potato masher or a hand blender to mash the jam until the desired amount of chunkiness is reached.
- When the jam has reached the desired consistency, turn off the flame and discard the cinnamon stick.
- Carefully ladle the hot jam into the hot, sterilized jars.
- Allow the jars to cool down completely and then seal the jars tightly.
- Store the plum jam in room temperature up to 1 year.
- Once open, refrigerate the plum jam and consume within 3-4 weeks.