About Veg Fried Rice:
Fried rice is a dish of cooked rice that has been stir-fried in a wok or a frying pan with lots of fresh vegetables. Fried rice is a delicious dish packed with flavours and it can be made within 15 minutes if you have cooked rice and all ingredients ready. You can make this on any lazy days or lazy weekends. This is very easy for beginners who are trying to learn cooking. It tastes as good as the restaurants and healthier.
Watch Video Tutorial In Hindi:
- 1/2 cup long grain basmati rice soaked for 10-15 minutes.
- Water as required to cook the rice.
- Salt to taste.
- 2-3 tablespoons of cooking oil.
- 6-7 garlic cloves finely chopped.
- 1/2-inch ginger finely chopped.
- Finely chopped green chillies to taste.
- 1/4th teaspoon black pepper powder or to taste.
- 1 carrot finely chopped.
- 1/2 green capsicum finely chopped.
- Some finely chopped cabbage.
- 1/4th cup green peas.
- Some finely chopped French beans.
- 1 medium sized onion finely chopped.
- 1 tablespoon soya sauce.
- 1/2 tablespoon chilli vinegar.
- Some finely chopped spring onions.
Note: You may increase or decrease the quantity of ingredients depending on for how many people you are making for.
Method of Making Veg Fried Rice:
- Take a deep heavy bottom pan and add required amount of water to cook the rice.
- Now turn on the flame and let the water come to a boil.
- When water comes to a boil, add salt to taste and 1/2 teaspoon cooking oil.
- Now add the soaked long grain basmati rice and cook it on a medium flame for 10 minutes or until its well-cooked.
- When rice is well-cooked, turn off the flame and strain the rice and keep aside for later use.
- Now take a pan and turn on the flame.
- When pan is hot, add 1-2 tablespoons of cooking oil.
- When oil is hot, add finely chopped garlic and saute it on a high flame for 3-4 seconds.
- Now add finely chopped ginger and finely chopped green chillies to taste and saute them on a high flame for 2-3 seconds.
- Now add finely chopped onions and saute them on a high flame for 5 seconds.
- Now add finely chopped vegetables and saute them on a high flame for 1-2 minutes.
- Now add salt to taste and black pepper powder to taste and mix them well.
- Now add cooked rice, 1 tablespoon soya sauce and 1/2 tablespoon chilli vinegar and mix them well very gently.
- Now add some finely chopped spring onions and mix them well very gently.
- Now turn off flame and remove the fried rice into a serving bowl.
- Serve this hot with any kind of sauce of your choice.