Kale salad is a very healthy green leafy vegetable salad mainly made with kale with additional ingredients of lemon juice, seeds and nuts, chopped vegetables, olive oil, and seasoned with salt and pepper. Kale salad is very easy to make and healthy. This is a vegetarian recipe.
- 3-4 cups of kale finely chopped without the stem
- 2 tsp olive oil
- Salt to taste
- Black pepper powder to taste
- 1 tbsp of lemon juice
- 2 medium sized carrot finely chopped/grated
- 2 cloves of garlic minced
- 1/4th cup of feta cheese
- A handful of almonds sliced
- A handful of sunflower seeds
- A handful of walnuts
- A handful of pumpkin seeds
- 2-3 celery stalks finely chopped
- Take a large mixing bowl and add in the olive oil, minced garlic, and lemon juice and mix all these ingredients well.
- Add finely chopped kale, finely chopped celery stalks, and chopped carrot/grated carrot and mix well.
- Add salt to taste and black pepper powder to taste and mix all these ingredients well.
- Add all the nuts, seeds, and cheese and mix well, check for the seasoning and adjust accordingly
- Now, this healthy kale salad is ready to serve.
- You can serve this right away or keep in the fridge for 1 hour and serve it chilled.
You may increase or decrease the quantity of ingredients depending on your taste and for how many people you are making for.